Thursday, January 10, 2019

Art, Art, Art






Outer Journey

Many buildings have beautiful art on them
Just like music, you can't walk the streets of NOLA without seeing some incredible art. The only difference between music on the streets and art on the streets, is that you need a permit to sell art in NOLA. While walking past Pirates Alley there are people that hang up their art along the fences and paint new pictures right in front of you. If you didn't like any of the art walking down the street, there were many art galleries on Royal Street. After visiting many of the art filled galleries, I found Isabelle Dupuy. Dupuy is a French contemporary landscape artist. Her art is a very textured and eye popping style. The very first thing I saw when I walked into this building was one of her pieces. She had painted a field of sunflowers that were textured and used colors of yellows, blues, reds, and greens. When you walked through the gallery, a lot of her paintings were strung throughout. Upon further observation I noticed one of them had a "wet paint" sign. I asked the owner of the gallery about this artist and he said that she does live paintings in the gallery and this had been one of them. I found this very cool because not often do you get to see an artist in action like that. I would have been curious to figure out how she gets the paint to pop off the canvas like she did. The owner of the gallery seemed very impressed with her work and I can understand why as it impressed me as well.

Inner Journey

Isabelle Dupuy is an amazing artist who creates these textured paintings that catch your eye as soon as you enter the gallery. I loved her work because it wasn't average. Not only did it catch your eye, but it caught your touch. I haven't been to an art gallery in a while, but I have never seen paintings like hers. She used extra amounts of paint to create a 3D look and you could also feel the textured paint. This work caught my eye because not only could you see what she had done, but you could feel it. If I could have taken a canvas back with me and if I could have afforded it, I would have bought the sunflower painting that I loved.

The amazing sunflower painting
Many of Isabelle's paintings were of outdoor scenery. She painted natural scenes, but captured their beauty. I am a person who loves to photograph every colorful sunset or sunrise, so her paintings speak to me that she shares that love with me. The world is so big and amazing, but someone 100 miles way from you can see the same sunset as you and I think that Isabelle's paintings show that. It shows that we all can view nature in our own way, but we mostly see the same thing. I like Isabelle's stories told through her paintings because I love outdoors and the positivity of noticing beautiful things just like she does.
Another painting by Isabelle Dupuy


No comments:

Post a Comment